La Torre de Capdella’s Town Council and Committee on Culture are holding the
15th Photography contest
“PLACES OF VALL FOSCA”
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.- CONTEST CATEGORIES
- A1. Landscapes or places in Vall Fosca. The photos are supposed to allow the viewer to identify the place it represents, whose name can be mentioned in the title.
- A2. Works, jobs or activities carried out in Vall Fosca. The photos are supposed to reflect activities related to livestock, agriculture, sport, trade, leisure, etc.
- A3. Villages or elements that are part of Vall Fosca’s heritage.
- A4. Vall Fosca’s native fauna (wild or domestic)
The contestants are allowed to submit up to two pictures per category.
Once the pictures are received, the jury will preselect the 50 best ones which will aim for the final prizes.
The prizes are the following:
- Honour award of Vall Fosca Photography Contest 2018 (€476)
- First Prize of every contest category (€238)
The deadline to submit the pictures is 01/08/2019
The pictures will be admitted through our website: www.vallfosca.net
The deadline to submit the pictures is 01/08/2019 at 14:00.
4.- REGISTRATION AND FORMAT
Each contestant is allowed to submit up to two pictures per category. They must be sent through www.vallfosca.net website.
The photo must include a title and a pseudonym of the author. If the same author presents photographs in different categories, he must use the same pseudonym in all categories.
Only pictures shot with digital devices or digitized analogue pictures will be accepted. Their format must be JPEG, converted in RGB colour space with embedded profile. The size must be 1920 pixels in their largest side.
If they feel it is appropriate, the organizers can require the original RAW/JPEG file of all the pictures that get to the final step of the contest. The original RAW/JPEG file can be requested in any other previous stage of the contest. If they are not provided, the picture might be disqualified.
The pictures that do not meet the format requirements will be rejected. If the size exceeds the established parameters, the picture will be automatically reduced in order to fulfil the rules and the organizers will not take any responsibility for the result.
The pictures that might be required for their printing on paper will not be higher than 8 MP and will have to be submitted in the format required by the organizers.
5.- TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
No tampering or digital alteration of the pictures is allowed.
Only moderate adjustments related to the following elements are permitted:
- Global corrections of tone, white balance, brightness, contrast, colour saturation, adjustment of shadows and lights.
- Conversion of the picture to black and white, or other changes of colour.
- Moderate focusing and selective reduction of digital noise and granularity.
- Elimination of drawings, cleaning of dust particles, correction of distortions and anomalies of the optics.
- Reframing of the picture, as long as the result does not exceed 8 Mp without interpolation.
- Multiple exposure pictures with HDR images, panoramic pictures and focus-stacking are allowed, as long as the pictures have been taken in the same sequence or work (this should be mentioned in the legend or in the informative description of the picture) and meet the principles of authenticity of the contest (no real alteration of reality allowed).
- No watermarks, margins or references to the author on the picture are allowed.
6.- GENERAL RULES
The pictures must have been taken during the last four years before the contest.
Contestants are not allowed to submit the same picture or two very similar pictures in more than one category.
The jury can invalidate or change a picture if it does not belong to the appropriate category.
No picture awarded in other contests before the end of the registration period of this contest will be accepted.
Sent pictures can be accompanied with the following information:
- Description of the picture
- Technical data (camera, lens, exposure, speed, ISO, etc.)
- Any further processing described in section 6 about the technical requirements of the contest.
The jury will be composed of 6 people:
- 3 independent photographers: Josep Amorós, Francesc Farrús and Ferran Grau.
- Guanyador del concurs de l’edició anterior: Jordi Peró
- 1 representative of La Torre de Capdella Town Council.
- 1 representative of the Committee on Culture.
Popular vote: it can be placed in the ballot box located in the exhibition area and will allow you to participate in a raffle to win 3 tickets for Vall Fosca Cable Car (season 2019-2020).
If the jury considers so, they can declare some prizes void.
The jury’s decisions are unappealable. No reclaim or appeal against them will be accepted.
- Closing of the contest: 1st August, 2019
- Exhibition of the finalist pictures in La Torre de Capdella Town Hall and on the website: from 14th August to 4th September.
- Popular votes: from 14th to 4th September
- Presentation and awards ceremony: 21nd September at 17:30h (Capdella Hydroelectric Museum)
9.- LEGAL ASPECTS
The contestants declare they are authors of the submitted pictures and that they have all the rights related to them.
The pictures with a person/people that can be recognized or identified (category which allows human presence) require the express consent of the interested as well as the corresponding license of assignment of rights of personal portrayal. The organizers of the contest will not take any responsibility for the possible claims aimed at the authors, which might cause the disqualification of the picture.
The awarded and finalist pictures might be reproduced in books, catalogues, posters or any physical or digital support, mentioning the author’s name, who disinterestedly assigns his/her reproduction rights to the organization of the contest for that purpose. This assignment is non-exclusive.
For the other pictures, the copyright belongs to the authors of the pictures. In case someone wants to use them, the author will have to be informed about it.
The pictures submitted personally can be picked up until 16/12/2016. The ones which are not picked up by their authors will be part of the photograph library under the abovementioned conditions.
Although the organizers will take charge of preserving the pictures, they will not take any responsibility for any involuntary accident that might affect the exhibited works.
Data protection: according to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the Parliament and of the Council of April 27 regarding the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of data, the contestants are informed that their data will be included in a file owned by the City Council, in order to carry out the management of this socio-cultural event. They are also informed of the possibility of exercising the rights of access, rectification, cancellation and object according to the legislation in force through a request brought to the Register of La Torre de Capdella’s Town Council.
The fact of applying to the present edition of the contest means that you accept every single section of these terms and conditions.